When our scouts returned from their reconnaissance mission, they handed over mysterious reports about vanishing vessels at the gate to the high seas. The rumors spread quickly around our islands and it took mere days until you could listen to old sailor’s cock and bull stories about missing crews and ghost ships in every dockland pub. We had to act as we already set things in motion to start our next big expedition.
Game Update 5.2
After we received reports about gameplay affecting bugs such as the ship duplication as well as other issues still persistent after Game Update 5.1, we decided to publish another Game Update this week Thursday.
Anno 1800 Game Update 5.2 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue where ships got duplicated after save game reload. As part of this fix, all duplicate “ghost ships” will turn into actual ships under the control of the player, which will prevent the player from losing any good loaded onto the ships. Due to these additional ships being given to the player, it is possible that you will experience a loss of influence points, which can be regained by destroying the additional ships after unloading them.
- The Ubisoft Club rewards for the Botanica DLC (the “Duck Pond” and the “Outdoor Arcade”) are now redeemable from the Ubisoft Club Rewards section in Uplay.
- Fixed an issue where idle ships can be seen off the map when reloading an older save game.
- These ships should now be recoverable.
- Fixed an issue where AI ships could get stuck at the border of the map.
- Fixed a situation where, upon save game reload, trains could be stuck in the Oil Refinery or in the power plant, which could lead to less oil being transported than intended.
- Fixed a desync error that occurred upon trigger of a participant’s message.
- Fixed a desync that occurred due to quests that triggered ships with invalid items.
- Botanica ornaments can now be placed freely in your cities from the construction menu (Artisan / Obrero / Culture tabs).
- Items such as flowerbeds can now also be activated via the item section of any Warehouse, not only from your Harbor.
- Adjusted the tool tip and effect for the “Rabies Vaccine” item. We made various text adjustments.
- An issue preventing some players from completing the quest “The Nameless Author” has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the route information in the trade route menu could show more ships being assigned to a route than was actually the case.
With Botanica and Game Update 5 just behind us, we look onward to the next big stop on our Anno post-launch journey. With the next free Game Update on the horizon, we want to invite members of the Anno Union to a focus playtest session starting next week Monday. This test will helps us to accumulate additional data for the upcoming Game Update 6.
For this test, we are looking for Union members who are willing to test the upcoming Co-op feature from Monday, September 23 until Sunday, September 29.
With this test we are specifically looking for data and issues related to game connectivity, so while playing daily is not mandatory, we encourage testers to play as much as possible to provide is with external data for a variety of different scenarios.
The test will be under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and as we specifically test the new co-op multiplayer feature, single player will not be part of the test.
If you want to join the focus test, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, including the following data;
Ubisoft Forum Name
We will provide all further details, such as how to access the test and where to post feedback, via email to all participants until the end of the week.